How to keep your smile shining after teeth whitening
Our home whitening kits include professional-strength gel for visible results. You’ll have full control over the shade of your smile. You can safely and gently build up the whiteness of your teeth from the comfort of home.
But what happens when your teeth reach your perfect shade of porcelain? How do you maintain your brighter smile? In this article, we’ll explore some simple (yet effective) ways to maintain the results of your teeth whitening treatment.
7 tips to maintain a whiter smile
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day to remove plaque and prevent staining.
- Use a gentle whitening toothpaste that’s designed to remove surface stains – avoid anything that’s so abrasive it could damage your enamel. Ask your dentist for advice if you’re unsure.
- Avoid highly pigmented foods and drinks that will stain your teeth, including coffee, tea, red wine and berries. If you can’t resist, rinse your mouth afterwards or wait 30 minutes and brush your teeth.
- Protect your front teeth by drinking beverages that could stain your teeth through a straw.
- Quit smoking to help keep your teeth looking brighter for longer.
- Visit your dentist and hygienist for regular check-ups. They can remove any plaque that’s hardened into calculus and treat your teeth to a professional clean.
- Last but not least, you can buy extra whitening gels from us to top up your results as needed.
By introducing these good habits and techniques, you can keep your smile looking bright and beautiful for the long term.
Remember, though, that everyone’s teeth respond differently to whitening. Working closely with your dentist will guarantee you the best results and a healthy smile.
Contact us to arrange a free no-obligation for dentist-led teeth whitening.