Invisalign has proven to be a popular alternative to fixed braces for younger patients, providing them with a discreet and comfortable alternative to metal brackets and wires. In fact it’s been so popular that Invisalign has created a brace just for teenagers.
Invisalign Teen is available at Sensu to patients aged 16 or over. It works in the same way as Invisalign, using a series of clear, removable aligners to move your teeth and reveal a straighter smile. There are a few exciting additions that make it perfect for growing patients:
Blue wear indicators
Invisalign aligners should be worn for between 20 and 22 hours a day. To help make sure you’re wearing your aligners enough, Invisalign Teen features blue indicators that fade as you wear your aligners.
Invisalign Teen treatment includes six free replacement aligners – just in case any go astray during your treatment.
Room to grow
Not every teenage patient will have all their adult teeth when they start orthodontic treatment, so Invisalign Teen cleverly leaves some space for the growth of adult canines and molars.
Keep doing what you love
One of the great things about Invisalign is that you can remove your aligners for eating and drinking, so your treatment won’t interfere with your lifestyle – or stop you doing what you love. You can also remove your aligners to brush and floss your teeth, so it’s easy to keep your teeth clean and sparkly.
During your treatment we’ll see you for regular progress checks, but because there are no fiddly wires to change, your appointments will be quicker and less frequent; saving you time to focus on more enjoyable pastimes!
The benefits of Invisalign Teen
• Invisalign Teen is very discreet – even up close.
• With no metal brackets or wires, Invisalign Teen is more comfortable than traditional braces.
• Blue wear indicators help you to keep track of how often you’re wearing your aligners.
• And there’s no need to worry if you lose an aligner because your treatment includes six free replacements.
• You can remove your aligners for eating and drinking, as well as hobbies such as contact sports or music practice.
• You can also remove your aligners to brush your teeth, helping to keep your smile spotless and your breath fresher.
• Invisalign ClinCheck® software lets you see your ‘virtual results’ before you even begin your treatment, so you can be inspired by your new smile right from the start.
To find out which Invisalign brace is best for you, book a free no-obligation consultation* with one of our smile experts.
Invisalign Teen FAQs
Although Invisalign Teen was created for teenagers, it’s suitable for all ages and some adults like added benefits such as wear indicators and spare aligners.
As a private practice unfortunately we’re not able to offer any orthodontic treatments on the NHS.
As long as you wear your aligners for between 20 and 22 hours a day, it’s fine to remove them for wind instrument practice, or for contact sports like hockey and rugby.
It’s important to keep both your aligners and teeth clean throughout your treatment. We recommend that you clean your aligners using cold water and hand soap (just rinse them thoroughly!). Don’t use toothpaste as this can discolour your aligners.
No, it’s always best to remove your aligners for eating and drinking. Ideally you should also brush your teeth after eating, before you re-insert your aligners.