All-on-4 is an innovative implant system that’s designed to replace multiple missing teeth – in just one day! Also known as ‘same day teeth’, All-on-4 will instantly restore your smile and allow you to enjoy your favourite foods with confidence once again.
The system features four dental implants, which are small titanium screws that we carefully position in your jawbone. Here they integrate with your bone, providing a strong anchor for your new teeth, which look and function just like your own.
All-on-4 is an alternative to dentures, as dentures can look good but sometimes leave patients feeling self conscious. All-on-4 treatment gets its name from the number of implants needed. In traditional treatments six implants are needed to support a whole arch of teeth, but because All-on-4 implants are cleverly positioned and angled at the front of the mouth, where the bone is strongest, only four are needed.
The benefits of All-on-4® dental implants
• Traditional implants usually need a few months to heal and integrate with your bone before we can attach new crowns (teeth), but thanks to a TiUnite surface and patented grooves, All-on-4 implants can support your new teeth straight away
• Because the implants are placed at an angle this allows us to use longer implants, so they’re great for patients who have lost bone and avoid the need for a bone graft
• Once your new teeth are in place no one will guess that they’re not yours, and you’ll be able to enjoy tough, chewy foods once again
• All-on-4 implants are easy to maintain, and unlike dentures there’s no need for adhesives or fixatives
• Also, you won’t need to worry about changes to your speech, or your dentures coming loose at inconvenient moments
• And because All-on-4 implants are fitted during one appointment and only use four implants, this helps to keep the cost of your treatment down: making them more affordable than comparable treatments
What does All-on-4® dental implant treatment involve?
The first stage of your treatment will be a consultation with a member of our team. We’ll go through the procedure with you and answer any questions you may have, before examining your teeth and taking x-rays to make sure you’re a suitable candidate.
If you’d like to go ahead we’ll then arrange to fit your implants. During this appointment we’ll remove any remaining damaged teeth before carefully positioning your implants in your jaw bone. When the implants are correctly positioned we’ll fit your new teeth – which will be ready to show off straight away.
We’ll use a local anaesthetic to ensure you’re comfortable throughout the procedure, and we can also provide a mild sedative to help you relax if you’re nervous. Your new teeth will be handmade to complement your face and bone structure, so they’ll look just like the real thing.
We’ll explain how to look after your new implants, and we’ll also arrange to see you for a follow-up appointment so we can see how you’re getting on. If any changes are needed we can make adjustments to make sure you’re delighted with your final result.
If you’re struggling with dentures, then All-on-4 implants could provide a confidence-boosting alternative. Get in touch to arrange your free consultation*.