Hopefully we all brush our teeth at least twice a day. However it’s very important that you do this effectively in order to avoid bacteria or plaque clinging to your teeth. Here are a few additional top tips which are definitely worth following.
- Using a soft toothbrush, place it against your teeth at a 45-degree angle up to the gum line. This will help brush your teeth effectively and protect your gums.
- You should brush your teeth in a small circular motion continuously cleaning one tooth at a time.
- The same circular motion should be used to clean behind the upper and lower teeth.
- When cleaning the inside of the top front teeth, angle the brush in an up-and-down position with the tip of the brush pointing towards the roof of the mouth.
- To clean the inside of the bottom front teeth, angle the head in an up-and-down position towards the bottom inside of your mouth.
- Avoid pressing so hard that the bristles lie flat against your teeth – use the tips of the bristles to enable them to reach into spaces between your teeth.
- Brush across the top of the chewing surfaces of the teeth and ensure that the bristles get into the grooves and crevices.
- Brush your tongue gently, starting from the back of your tongue forward, avoid scrubbing it. This helps remove bacteria therefore freshening your breath.
- The whole routine should last 2-3 minutes.